Sunday 25 April 2010

in the park.

After almost a week of uncertainty and intercontinental phone calls, a plan has emerged from the ash. My lovely mum and sister will be arriving at JFK on Monday evening, for a week of exploring the city, before we head to Costa Rica so I can begin my much coveted summer.
This means, of course, that my original four days in the city have been extended to about two weeks. And since I am soon to be sharing my New York adventure, I want to wait for the arrival of the two lovely ladies before anymore exploring is had. Which means I have had several empty days (and two more ahead of me) to fill without treading on the toes of all the things I want to do with my family.
Central Park to the rescue! What a gorgeous place to wander around in or sit and read a book or do a painting. The beginning of spring, the blooming of my favourite tree, the blossom, the sweet smell of flowers and the simple joy of people ready for summer.
This is the place to go to get away from all the frantic people and the sirens and the beeping...a soothing oasis amid the intense, crowded metropolis. If it wasn't part of the city, I don't think my mind would be so caught up in it all. As it is however, there is a time in the future when I think I could call this place home, at least for a little while.
But for right now, I will continue to enjoy spring in the park and eagerly anticipate the arrival of the first of my travelling buddies and the good times that will be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment