Wednesday 28 September 2011

from phuket, with love.

In case the title of this post isn't immediately obvious, I'm making a stupid joke about the number of 'special' massage parlours littering the streets of Patong Beach, the main hub for hedonism in Phuket. Seriously though, one place was called 'Willy Massage'. What do they expect?
We stayed at Patong Beach because my lovely fam was there at the same time as us, so we had some hangs with them. We did a lot of swimming in Phuket. Because unless you want to shop, drink or engage in dubious activities, there wasn't much else to do.














My lovely cousins and the sunset on Patong Beach.

This was in Patong area though. There were lots of places to explore around the islands.

After we had spent some time with my family, swimming at the beach (which was lovely) and sneaking into their enormous resort we went on a bit of a day trip on a speedboat.










The beach from The Beach.

We visited the beach from the movie The Beach and Will pretended he was Leonardo Dicaprio. We swam in 'Blue Lagoon', an actual lagoon, and I pretended I was in Peter Pan. We fed some monkeys and also saw some baby monkeys. We went snorkelling and saw a lot of beautiful, colourful fish and I brushed past some coral and my foot is still itchy. And our last stop was the 'island of buying things', except we didn't...we sat on the rock and amused ourselves by wondering about all of the clinically obese (mostly) Australian tourists that were everywhere.












My new best friends.

Then we nearly missed our flight off the island, and only made it in time to check in because our taxi driver very admirably sped and weaved through obstacles the entire way.

And I bought love heart sunglasses. So that's a win for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment